DETECTORIST CODE OF ETHICS
Detectorist Code of Ethics
1. Always check Federal, State, County and local laws before searching.
2. Respect private property and do not enter private property without the owner’s permission.
3. Take care to refill all holes and do no damage.
4. Remove and dispose of any and all trash and litter found.
5. Appreciate and protect our inheritance of natural resources, wildlife and private property.
6. Act as an ambassador for the hobby; use thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times.
7. Never destroy historical or archeological treasures.
8. All treasure hunters may be judged by the example you set; always conduct yourself with courtesy and consideration for others.